Thursday, April 3, 2008

Christmas decor

Christmas décor

As much as I love the holiday season and adore looking at all of the Christmas décor that decorates the neighborhoods, I dread the actual chore of decorating. There are many people out there that enjoy coming up with Christmas décor and taking the time to perfect it. My life is entirely too hectic with raising children and working full-time, to find the extra time to get all of my decorating done.

I have often watched my neighbors organizing their own Christmas décor and secretly wished that I could entice them into decorating my house as well. I see the mall stores and their lovely Christmas décor and I wish that I could just purchase all of it in all of its perfectly glory. A co-worker of mine was bragging about how gorgeous her house was last year for Christmas. I decided to drive past it one evening and my jaw dropped. The Christmas décor at her house amazed me. Her entire yard and house was beautifully lit but tiny little white lights and they all were perfectly hung and organized. There was not a single bulb that wasn't glowing and out of place. I was incredibly impressed and told her as much the next day. I jokingly asked her if she and her husband wanted to be in charge of my Christmas décor as well. She laughed and told me that her house had been professionally decorated. I had never even heard of such a thing. She wrote down a website for me to check out but asked me to keep it between us.
She obviously wanted people to believe that she and her husband had been responsible for the decorating.

I sat down in my office and immediately checked out the website - www.christmasdecor.net. To my amazement, it is a decorating company that will come to your home or place of business and let their Christmas décor ideas take over. Within hours, their little elves can have your house or business looking like something from a movie. I had honestly never known that such a company existed. I couldn't help but wonder how much it would cost, but their packages sounded wonderful. Not only would they put up the decorations, but they would take it all down for you as well. That meant that I would no longer have to struggle with untangling the lights and checking them all before hanging them. I wouldn't have my kids tripping over extension cords while I tried desperately to get all of my Christmas décor placed during their naptimes. So many problems and hassles would be eliminated and my house would look spectacular for the holidays. At that point, I knew that as long as the prices were reasonable, I was going to go for it. I would spent my holiday season enjoying my Christmas décor, not stressing over it.